Monday 2 January 2012

A Very Violent Yule Festival To You All!

Hail Children of Technology!

Tis I, Redbranch, Here to bring you my Winter Solstice tales of violence from the land of the young!

Well it has been a brilliant X-Mas for me indeed and i have wanted to update this blog for the last couple of weeks but i have been too busy with things in the run up and the aftermath of the visit from Phanta Claws (Namely Skyrim). there have been several new additions to my collections, but namely my first Malifaux gang. I got a Land Raider for my Emperor's Children army which i was in desperate need of due to not having enough long range firepower and having something to transport my 3rd unit of noise marines in until i can have a rhino, which it will then be a transport for a close combat terminator unit. I  also got a Dire Troll Mauler warbeast for my Trollbloods force (which is in the making, i only have a Warlock so far so i have alot of work to do).  My lovely Girlfriend got me a subscription to the new Marvel Graphic Novel Collection magazine here in britain so i wont be short of reading for the next 2 and a half years (Theres 60 of them!!) and the series contains some of my favourite Marvel Graphic Novels that i dont have such as J. Michael Strazinski's Thor, The Ultimates Volume 1 and many more. So all in all, it was a good Yule for me indeed.

Before the Solstice began i had made a great deal of work on my Inquisitor 54mm Gangs, The First is themed on Adeptus Arbites. It currently consists of 1 Barberetta conversion that is half built, 2 Cyber-Mastiffs and a Ogryn (yes, you read correctly). once its finished it will contain a Judge with a Power Maul, Suppression Sheild, a Barberetta conversion with a sniper rifle and some cool infra red/motion tracker scope, the 2 Cyber-Mastiffs obviously and the Ogryn with a Ripper Gun and some grenades. The other gang will then consist of a Inquisitor Covernant conversion so that he has a different head and his arms crossed in a mocking pose, a Ecclesiarchy Preacher style conversion which im not sure what he'll be made out of yet, a Adepta Sororitas Battle Sister conversion from the Daemon Huntress model and finally a Death Cult Assassin. The Theme of the second gang is most definately a purest Hereticus style warband.

Necromunda has been especially great these last few weeks. I've Played 3 games since the last update. The First was on Wednesday the 21st of December. Again it was against my Delaque Cowboy arch nemesis and the game was capture and control, which was a very silly mission as we didnt have access to our usual terrain and had to make due with 2 small wooden boxes and the magical vortex templates for warhammer and the objectives were sweets that my enemy brought. it was a good game for me as i made sure that my spacing between gangers was never a great deal apart and i only suffered 2 casualties, were as my opponent suffered 4-5 casualties and 1 death of his power weapon weilding madman, Haza! but there was a downside, one of my judges (Judge Rudge) was taken hostage which the Mega City One Justice Department dont take too kindly to. Game two was today and cosisted of the rescue mission of Judge Rudge. The Cowboy gangers set up in the centre and i set up in a two pronged assault either side of my deployment zone, creating a pincer movement inwards, taking two of his gangers out of action before his re-inforcements and making him bottle. Game 3 saw my opponent having to recruit new gangers to fight a stand off, mexican style. With The Ecstasy of Gold in the background, my Arbites were walking up a long and dust strewn underhive street to see the Delaque Cowboys walking towards us. It was a tense moment as Judge Dredd and Judge Giant stared down the gangers but as they approached, the Judges lost their nerve and went for their guns, only to be gunned down my the oncoming Cowboys who had a Plasma Pistol and a Melta Gun. A turn later, Dredd bled out on the street and Giant was taken out of action by a hail of shots from the opposition. Dredd then rolled on the injuries table to face the reaper as death claimed him, his funeral was a simple affair and soon after the Judges were introduced to their new squad leader Judge Griffon. as for those Cowboys, the judges will have to wait for vengence against them as i have a game against a different gang next week. Im not sure as to what gang the are at the moment as my opponent didnt seem to know himself, i will have to wait and see.

I have made no progress on the rules for my RPG version of necromunda yet as i have been focused on other things lately, so that has been put on the backburner for a few weeks as i sort out wargames related stuff, but rest asured dear readers it will be done. Im now also in possession of the Dark Heresy rulebook and randomly i managed to pick up a copy of the cyberpunk style fantasy RPG Shadowrun from a friend.

Now im off to go and play Gears of War 3 for a small bit before bed, Until next time keep your blades enriched with deeds of Violence!

No comments:

Post a Comment