Thursday 15 December 2011

Blood on the Streets! - Its time for some Necromunda

Hail, Children of Technology!
Tis I, Redbranch, here to bring you news of my deeds of violence this week from the land of the young!

Well, it was a good week for me as i finally got to scratch that nagging itch at the back of my head that is Necromunda. Yes, the post-apocalyptic madness from the 40,000 millenium has drawn me in more and more over the last month and after trying to organise my gang together i finally played a game on monday! the game was against a Delaque gang proxies of Cowboy miniatures from Black Scorpion miniatures (heres their brilliant range here if your interested in getting your own desert desperadoes or some nice looking pirate miniatures : http://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/index.php). I used my Adeptus Arbites gang, painted and named in the approprietly homage stylings of the judges from Judge Dredd ( I'll try my best to post pictures of them soon! i need to aquire a camera first). The first mission was the normal stand-off style game, i had my Arbites patrol:
Seargent (Dredd) with Shotgun, Sheild and Power-Maul
Handler (Rico) with a Grenade Launcher, Sheild and Maul
Cyber-Mastiff (Mechanismo V3.5) with a mean grin
2 Arbites (Anderson and Hershey) with Bolters, Sheilds and Mauls
and 1 Arbite (Giant) with Shotgun, Sheild and Maul

I set up using the cover as best as possible and made sure that i couldn't be spotted by his two Heavy Stubber weilding maniacs and started my advance. Now, i wish that i had had a read through of the rules before i started playing Necromunda again because i completely forgot about overwatch and pinning, which resulted in me still being in the same building i started in by turn 4. that wasn't the problem, my spacing when i set up caused problems with being pinned down and shot up but thanks to superior gear the Arbites took no casualties, which is not something that the Cowboys can say. 3 of his men were seriousy injured by my Cyber-Mastiff and Bolter Judges, 2 were then pronounced fine but 1 gained a serious leg injury, Woohoo! Slower Perps means easier arrests! along side those injuries, one of his gangers also fell from the third story of a building, but wasn't severly injured. the game ended abruptly when i failed my bottle check on turn 4 which was ok, seeing as at that point my Mastiff was on the floor with no help of assistance from the enforcers and 2 of my judges, including my Seargent were pinned down. the game wasn't a loss in my eyes, as i succeeded in causing some casualties to the opposition, which is always a good thing. The second game was Ambush and was the more fun of the two from my eyes. i was the one being ambushed and i decided that i would split the gang up into 2 squads of 3 guys, Dredd, Hershey and Anderson in the central area with the back up of Giant, Rico and V3.5 from 4" away, on the otherside of a Manufactorium door. There i was, minding my own business when out of no where, my Cyber-Mastiff just happens to put a guy out of action before having his arse handed to him by a ganger from the above floor. that was ok, he was dealt with swiftly by a executioner round from the Shotgun of judge Giant. Meanwhile, a firefight insued in the central plaza as nearly the entire Delaque gang decends on my judges, pinning Hershey down but scoring no major damage. I then managed to take another ganger out with a nice shot from Anderson's Bolter, and at the end of my opponents next turn, he bottled and ran before he suffered another lot of casualties. Two brilliant games, 1 loss, 1 victory, lots of XP and one dead Cyber-Mastiff. No matter, dogs can always be replaces, not like one of the casualties that were caused to the Cowboys in the second game because, sadly, the ganger known as "The Singer" wont be singing any more.

Im having thoughts about Necromunda at the minute. Thoughts about collecting several other gangs just for varities sake. Thoughts that i want to do, instead of collecting another army for warhammer or 40k to just build and paint every gang in the game. Thoughts that i could use different miniature companies for the gangs that they dont make anymore (Ash Waste Nomads, Chaos Cultists ect.) but that project will have to wait for another day.


On Wednesday i usually Roleplay, and this week was no different. This week i played the long awaited second game of this campaign of World of Warcraft (the RPG, not the MMO... Nam flashbacks of pvp are filling my head right now.... Shudder). We play in a local pub, in the upstairs part so that its private but we have a social aspect as well. My character for this game is Artemis Sinister, a Forsaken Necromancer that has lost his memory of being a truly powerful wizard that helped Sylvanus before falling to madness when the Lich King invaded Undercity. He doesnt talk much, but when he does it tends to be to moan and groan about other party members, such is the ways of WoW. He also has a terrible secret, he carries with him a book of Kel'thuzad, a Lich in league with the Lich King, that contains many terrible and powerful dark magic rituals and spells that he has begun to learn (hence Necromancer). In my party; i have the forgetful Troll Druid Na'Shalla (played by Kasey), who loves dropping people from great heights while in bird form and the brutally violent yet sarcastic Orc warrior Mogrosh (played by Dale), who is part of a new cult in Orgrimmar who have linked their souls with those of wolves to create Werewolf orcs. As of Wednesday, we have two new members of the party, Threebraids the Tauren shamen (played by Mike), who seems to like zapping people with lightening and Huron Blackhoof, a sunwalker paladin (played by Andrew), who has already taken a suspicious eye to the dealings of my character. At the minute the party is in Dustwallow Marsh, but we will be heading back to Orgrimmar to recieve a new quest from the Kor'Kron known as Lok'hir as well as delivering a message to a member of Warcheif Garrosh's court. Exciting stuff indeed and I will keep the blog updated with the exploits of the party as this new story ark unfolds!

Back to the subject of Necromunda but staying on the subject of RPGs, i mentioned about a hybrid Necromunda / Dark Heresy style game that i would be running in the future. well work has begun, and thanks to someone (you know who you are), my copy of the Dark Heresy rulebook should be arriving this side of christmas! Woohoo! i've begun work on the classes and have already started the characteristic increase tables for the Goliath, Escher, Van Saar and Orlock gangers. I will keep you informed as i work further on this project but it seems as if it wont be done until at least January.

Now, i think thats enough stuff for one day. Now, im off to read more of the brilliant American Reaper by Pat Mills and Clint Langley (which i found out today has already be tipped to be made into a film! Woohoo!). Until next time, Keep your blades enriched with deeds of Violence!

3 comments:

  1. Man, theres 2 pics up on my blog from Necromunda, if you want me to take some pics of your guys though I'll bring the camera on Monday and we'll get some done=] I'm gonna try find my old gangs too, had a couple but unsure as to what. Used to love the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome man, thanks! I'll start making touch-ups to their paintjobs now, seeing as most of my Arbites are really chipped, ready to be photo'd monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this blog so far man, i nicely told story of our WOW exploits! I commend you also my friend!

    ReplyDelete