Tuesday 13 December 2011

First Post, Wooh!

Hello there Children of Technology!

Tis I, Redbranch. Here to bring you tidings of my exploits in the world of wargames, RPGs and general geekyness from my home here in Tir-Nan-Og!

To give you a small background about myself, i have been wargaming for roughly 10 years now. ever since i was a small lad in the cusp of my teens, ive had an extra-ordinary fixation on little toy soldiers. I started with The Lord of the Rings strategy battle games in middle earth and now pretty much collect a force for each of the current Games Workshop systems (and some old ones, Gorkamorka is a personal favourite) and am now traversing the gap into a wider wargames experience. I recently acquired my first Hordes/Warmachines model and i am also looking into the victorian horror punk madness of malifaux.

I am also an avid RPer and have been playing for the last year and a half. In that time, i have played a handful of different systems including Cyberpunk 2020, World of Darkness, Dark Heresy, Traveller, World of Warcraft and my favourite of them all, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition. I am also a GM and have been GMing my very own take on the Judge Dredd universe for a little over 6 months now. I am also in the progress of creating a hybrid system which incorperates the fundemental themes, settings and gangs of Necromunda into a Dark Heresy style RPG, where the players will be different gangers thrust together to serve against a common enemy.. but more on that as i work on the rules.

my main armies at this current date are:
Warriors of Chaos for Warhammer Fantasy
Orks for Warhammer 40,000
Emperor's Children for Warhammer 40,000
Dark Elves for Bloodbowl
Adeptus Arbites for Necromunda
Witch Hunters for Mordheim
Space Orks for Battlefleet Gothic
and an amalgamation of other side prodects and unfinished things (you know how it is with this hobby)

Over the course of this blog i will be posting about my armies, their conquests, their innevitable defeats and hopefully, pictures of the progress that i am making with them and as i mentioned earlier. so hold on tight my fellow humans, as this shall prove to be a most considerably bumpy ride indeed!

So until next time, Keep your blades enriched with deeds of Violence!

No comments:

Post a Comment