Saturday 17 November 2012

Horror, Steampunk, Gothic, Western?...Malifaux!

Well, this is what I've been working on this week, New additions to my Malifaux gang.


Ive had Sonnia Criid and her Witch Hunters for quite a while now and havn't really played a propper game with them in nearly a year so I thought that it was high time that I dusted off the minis and began doing something with them. Sonnia and Samael Hopkins have been painted a while now.
 I was very pleased with how Sonnia came out, especially the smooth flesh tones which I did using Formula P3 Midlund Flesh and old Citadel Elf Flesh for the Highlight.
 
 The more rugged looing Samael Hopkins came out quite nice (sorry about the dark Picture, need to set up a propper photo taking area), I quite like how his stubble came out using a mix of thinned old Citadel Leviathan Purple and Badab Black washes.

The Witchling Stalkers have been re-painted twice now as I have been toying with OSL lighting effects coming from their goggles and haven't been satisfied with the last attempts so they are still PIP but they will be finished soon (just as long as im happy with it this time), and there are 3 new additions to the gang.


First is Nino Ortega, giving the gang some much needed firepower, second is the Purifying Flame so that Sonnia can have some extra firepower and finally is the Executioner, who is absolutely essential to most Guild gangs. I have assembled Nino and the Flame and based them using Model Display Products cobblestone bases and they are ready for priming. The Executioner still needs a 40mm base so i'll pick one of them up next time i'm in my local gaming store.

So that's it for now. Hopefully next time I'll have the gang based and painted and can show them off propperly, so until then.. Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment